1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

greek degree - how can i teach in an international school?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by LAYAGIANNHS, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Hello everyone!
    Me and my boyfriend are intrested in working abroad in international schools. I am getting my degree soon as an elementry school teacher and my boyfriend is a gym teacher but he also has a masters in sports psychology which he did in english. The problem is we both have greek degrees and i dont know what we need to do so we can teach abroad.
    Any information would be great!

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

3. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Do you mean 'I currently live in Greece - can I teach in UK state schools?' Or are you in the UK at present and ant to work in independent schools in other parts of Europe?

4. I am half greek and half english, i have a greek degree and i live in Greece. What extra qualifications do i need to be able to get excepted in an international school. On the other hand my boyfriend also has a greek degree but his masters degree he did in english. I just dont know what qualifications we both need to work abroad.

5. Middlemarch

Where abroad and what sort of school - state or private?
    If you want to work within the EU, your qualifications will be accepted in any EU country.

6. I was thinking of Egypt. I would like to work at a private school. You think that we can work at an international school even though our degree is in greek?

7. I was thinking of Egypt. I would like to work at a private school. You think that we can work at an international school even though our degree is in greek?

8. Middlemarch

To be honest, it's too general a question. All such schools are independent and will all have their own standards and requirements for teachers, though these will obviously be affected by how many applicants they get. I believe, however, that you stand as good a chance as anyone else.
    Try doing an internet search for schools in the country you have in mind (the TES online jobs section also often has some international jobs).

9. Thank you for your help!