1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Great ideas needed for a 40 minute nursery activity!!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by mercedes21, May 24, 2011.

1. Hello,

I have an interview for a Nursery Teacher position and I have been asked to teach 24 children an activity for 40 minutes!!
    There will be two TA's present and I can use one to take a small group for an activity (I am thinking possibly the L/A children?).

I am also thinking to focus on a CLL activity and spend 10 minutes on the carpet at the beginning, 20 minutes on the activity and 10 minutes at the end altogether on the carpet. Any great ideas would be hugely appreciated!!

Thank you :)

2. Hello,

I have an interview for a Nursery Teacher position and I have been asked to teach 24 children an activity for 40 minutes!!
    There will be two TA's present and I can use one to take a small group for an activity (I am thinking possibly the L/A children?).

I am also thinking to focus on a CLL activity and spend 10 minutes on the carpet at the beginning, 20 minutes on the activity and 10 minutes at the end altogether on the carpet. Any great ideas would be hugely appreciated!!

Thank you :)

3. Do you have any other info, such as whether the children have access to continuous provision during the 40 minutes? If so, I would ask the TA to focus on the CI play while you take small focus groups for your activity. However, with 24 children for 25 minutes you would get 4 groups of 6 for about 6 minutes each, so I would take the whole session and give yourself more teaching time,you can do an intro and plenary with each separate group, it only needs to be quick. Then you would have 10 minutes for each group.

4. I've just noticed you have 2 TAs, so perhaps one of them could share the groups, giving you more time to get everyone through.

5. Thank you. I was going to have two activities set up then I could spend time with each group and I think I would prefer the TA to take a small group. I am now trying to decide what to actually teach!! Any ideas please???!! :) :)