1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Great idea to share the workload?? or not??

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by thegruffaloschild, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Wondering what you think of these "resource" sites for teachers to share their own resources? What are the benefits? Have you tried listing your own stuff? Or perhaps bought another teachers resource? I am looking into this as I have seen a few out there....

2. greta444

greta444 New commenter

No good whatsoever. What I would like is a site that gave ideas for activities.
    eg. we are doing a topic on India. A list of great, fun activities would be useful. For example, designing a sari, making baajis, investigating the growth in population. I can do resources for myself.
    Plans and resources made by other people just don't fit and just need re-jigging. You are better off writing/making your own. The only exception here perhaps is maths worksheets which I do use occasionally.

3. FollyFairy

FollyFairy Occasional commenter

I use the TES resources a lot plus a few other sites, where teachers exchange their work e.g. PyschExchange, as it saves me reinventing the wheel! But certainly would not pay to use such a site!

4. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

I think greta's point is significant: the wheel doesn't have to be reinvented, it's an idea ater all, trouble is someone else's realisation of a wheel may be the wrong size, wrong colour, made of the wrong materials, not well put together, fail to fit the only available axle ..... stretch the metaphor yourself.

5. Ruthie66

Ruthie66 New commenter

I use some TES resources - but seldom use them completely unchaged. I also put some of my resources onto TES but wouldn't expect them to just be downloaded and used without a bit of tweaking for the students they are being used for.

6. Cheers for your comments. Quite right some types of resources would be easily manipulated to become your own. I have come across a site that at least gives you a preview and the prices are quite reasonable.