1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Great British Bake-off cakes....what recipes have you tried?

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by sabrinakat, Oct 12, 2015.

1. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

One of my colleagues downloaded the cake recipes from last week's final. He made Tamil's sticky toffee pudding cake with dates, nuts and figs. Although it became more of a bun cake (the centre didn't cook as well), it was absolutely delicious. I would be curious about what other recipes from chefs that you guys have tried and were successful (or not)?

Me: scones - taste like them, don't look like them!

2. cosmosinfrance

cosmosinfrance Star commenter

*rushes off to look at sticky toffee pudding cake*

3. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

bombaysapphire likes this.
  4. cosmosinfrance

cosmosinfrance Star commenter

LOL LOL LOL......especially the 'spinach' topping on the tennis cake.

nick909 likes this.
  5. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

I enjoyed that article. They are challenges for the best bakers in the country so it was a foolish undertaking.

I had planned to do a weekly bake through the GBBO but then I broke my knee. I will have to do that next year. I doubt they will be inspired by the technical challenges though. They often fail my effort:yumminess ratio test!

sabrinakat and nick909 like this.
  6. bizent

bizent Star commenter

There is no way I could even come close to attempting what they try and do on that show!
    I have only just got the hang of making decent brownies!!

nick909 likes this.
  7. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

On the Masterclass on TV last night, Paul Hollywood make those 'arlettes'. What looked like around four hours work for eight biscuits. You'd need to be committed to do something like that. I think I'd end up being 'committed' but in a very different way...

sabrinakat and BelleDuJour like this.