1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Grease Production

Discussion in 'Primary' started by n1cola, Sep 23, 2007.

1. I am planning to perform the above play with my Year 6 children. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get a child friendly version of the Grease script and what I need to take into consideration re copyright!

2. I am planning to perform the above play with my Year 6 children. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get a child friendly version of the Grease script and what I need to take into consideration re copyright!

3. trinity0097

trinity0097 New commenter

It's not a cheap one!

The vocal score costs £30 a month to hire for starters! (this is what we are doing this year!) which we have to have as the musical director has to write the orchestral parts from it!

4. Would that just be the script or would the songs be included? Would this be the case with all productions whether it was Grease or a different one? Sorry I am new to all of this so I need as much assistance as possible! Just want to make sure that what I am planning on doing is correct and that I am not breaking any laws!

5. yme

yme

I was in a school that did grease a couple of years ago. Lit coordinator rewrote words to sanitise it, but my abiding memory is of some children still defiantly singing "But no customer would go to you, unless she was a hooker" from beuaty school dropout, while the "good" kids sang "you looked like you'd been in a cooker" with puzzled looks on their faces!

not much help, I know!

you could google the lyrics for free if you were naughty ;-)

6. Hello there, we have just finishing performing Grease, it was our end of year production for Years 4,5 and 6. basically I have the revised script I think on my work P.C. in word format with all stage directions and props listed etc. We did not do each and every scene or indeed song for obvious reasons and we also had the children do all the scenery. My wife works for a design company and they took childrens A4 drawings and blew them up and stuck them to foamboard. It all looked fab! We used the grease karaoke soundtrack for some songs and original soundtrack for dance orientated tracks such as Grease Lightning. Our local dance club choreographed two of the big dance scenes. It was massive work for the 2 teachers involved but we have just had the completed DVD back and it looks superb. If you want a script sending let me know.

7. trinity0097

trinity0097 New commenter

Don't forget that you will need a licence to perform it - not sure where you get this from - as I'm not in charge of productions, only appear in them!

8. Thank you so much for all of your help! If possible could you please send a copy of the script that you used. I know it is going to be alot of work but I am sure that it will all pay off in the end! Thank you again.
    my e-mail is nicholawilliams@sky.com
    Thanks

9. Hi
    Any chance i could get a copy of that too? It sounds great!

thanks

diver.kw@tesco.net

10. Okey dokey, I'll get on it tomorrow when I can....:)

11. Thanks!

12. Sorry to be a pain but would it be possible for you please send a copy of the script that you used. I know it is going to be alot of work but I am sure that it will all pay off in the end! Thank you again.
    my e-mail is kellyleonard9@hotmail.com Thanks

13. indecisive1

indecisive1 New commenter

14. All of a sudden you're inundated but i would love a copy too if possible? We are planning on performing it as our end of year play too and was not looking forward to the many hours involved in re-writing it.

Many thanks

lizabyrne_uk@yahoo.co.uk

15. Sure I'll try and put them together for you all tomorrow. By the way we looked at Gel and it was atrocious!! Deeply sad music played on what sounded like one of those Rolf Hariis thingumies from the 70's and a very odd story, would choose Grease anyday.

16. indecisive1

indecisive1 New commenter

Will know to give Gel a miss in the future then. Not one I've tried out.

17. Sorry to jump on bandwagon, but our Yr 6 are pushing to do Grease as well - so can I beg a copy please? I'm still pushing for Bugsy Malone!
    llyshafren@aol.com

18. Hi n1cola, it's not liking your revised e-mail address on page 2, should I go with the one on page 1? Everyone else check your inbox...done!!