1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Gravograph LS900

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by Jarjartee, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Jarjartee

Jarjartee New commenter

OK - so we have a 'DEAD' 12 year old Gravograph LS900 on our hands (Parallell cable). The laser itself is functioning mechanically but NOT communicating with PC - the troubles began with Network / Windows upgrades etc just after New Year. Technician from Gravograph has been - unable to upgrade to USB board - tried various firmware versions - NOGO

Anyone got suggestions for WHAT we could do with it ??

As mentioned the LS900 is technically sound after service but we can NOT get parts for it - suspect COM port failure of some kind.
    Anyone got an old LS900 we can scavenge parts from or vice versa ??

2. mmjkaejec

mmjkaejec New commenter

Just scrapped our LS 900. Where are you located?

3. laina81

laina81 New commenter

Hi Jarjartee,

just read your post and was wondering if maybe you could help me!

We have a laser cutter (laser script 6090) that is well overdue for servicing and the quotes i seem to be getting are £500+ would you know a place that can service this machine under £450 inc. VAT? Its fairly new about 3yrs old!

My department is quite underfunded, as most probably are. so making sure cost are down is so vital to us. any advice is greatly welcomed :)

thanks

Laina

Also we have a old and dead Mercury laser cutter that needs getting rid of. Know how we could scrap it?