1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Gratitude thread

Discussion in 'Personal' started by rayondesoleil1976, Feb 26, 2016.

1. rayondesoleil1976

rayondesoleil1976 Occasional commenter

I don't want to be nauseatingly twee but what has cheered you up today? I'm about to post three things that have annoyed me on the other thread. Three things that made you happy today...

Me:

- Having a reasonably clear head getting up despite wine having happened last night
    - I'm getting a beast of a sandwich for lunch from a local sandwich bar... I've been good all week so I am looking forward to a treat!
    - Making progress with C25K - I'm about to tackle week 5 day 3. I'm happy with what I have achieved so far! Maybe others who spy me in lycra running tights aren't so happy!

Have a good day!

lindenlea likes this.
  2. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

Absolutely gorgeous croissant with the already great breakfast here at 5* Gran Gvadalpin Hotel. puerto Banus
    Lovely sit on the beach watching the waves and feeling the sun.... till it went in
    A day with nothing essentially planned to just bum about really.... seem to have very few of those....

So all good thanks....

lindenlea likes this.
  3. Eureka!

Eureka! Lead commenter

The window decal arrived today and looks luvvverrrlleee.

lindenlea likes this.
  4. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

finally have a date for my spinal injection, 26th April!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I know, am totally *issed off with the NHS!

5. Owennnn

Owennnn Occasional commenter

It's Friday!

Alf58 and rayondesoleil1976 like this.
  6. englishteach101

englishteach101 Occasional commenter

It's Friday
    Tonight, there will be wine and pizza
    and repeat

rayondesoleil1976 likes this.
  7. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

Mr jubilee saw his GP at 2.20 yesterday. By 3.45 he'd had a chest X-ray (no appointment needed) at a hospital about 8 miles away.:)

A friend gave me a bundle of Dobbies' hot drinks vouchers today. They are being phased out but can be used until the end of March. I shall be dropping in regularly for free drinks and will 'buy' for those in the queue if time is running out to use them all myself!

8. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

I hope they're not the ones with 28 teaspoons full of sugar in each drink!:rolleyes:

9. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

After being out all day and walking a couple of miles home, I feel gratitude for my toasty warm house. It was chilly where I spent the day and then bitterly cold on the walk home. I HATE to be cold.:eek:

10. TheRomanReturn

TheRomanReturn New commenter

Some posters imagine that they are imune from them.

11. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

They're valid for any hot drink I think. I get either an espresso or a latte and add sugar to taste (or not if having a cake with it!)

12. Jesmond12

Jesmond12 Star commenter

It's Friday.
    It's time for wine
    It's time for wine

13. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

The fire is roaring.
    I have a doggie hot water bottle on either side.
    We have finally been able to download Spectre from the Sky box. The dogs either side of me are called Q and M, Moneypenny is watching from the other sofa. I think my husband is getting irritated with me pointing out to the dogs whenever their characters appear on screen!

guinnesspuss and Mangleworzle like this.
  14. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

A hand-made piece of jewellery that I ordered finally arrived from the States
    I got a load of wood logged up ready for splitting
    It's Friday and my day off

15. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

- Took the dog out for a walk down by the river, cold and sunny, not a soul about, absolutely beautiful, warmed by the sun on the way back, watched the swans and ducks for a while. Momentarily remembered that in another life not so long ago I'd have been stuck in a classroom with a view out on a brick wall and no sunshine at all - ever.

- Spoke to a former colleague yesterday, her half term was ruined by an awful cold/flu, now she has a bad cough hanging on, several teachers are off at her school with it. I haven't had a cold since I was last in a classroom.

- Made a fab meal tonight with pasta, vegetables and fish, used the left over chimmichurri sauce I made to go with last nights steak into a green herby salsa. Used the last of last years frozen flat leaf parsley with frozen mint and chillies from the garden in it.

- Bird song (I'm having 4). Even though it's cold, the birds are all warming for up spring, I pop out 2 or 3 times a day to put extra food out for them and am rewarded with wonderful arias. Looking forwards to it being warm enough to leave the door open and hear them when I'm working.

16. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

A day of disappointments.
    Grateful for the £10 off voucher in the pub where we had our evening meal.

17. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

:(

18. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Just had a Nigel Slater salad recipe for supper and it was delicious (smoked mackerel and bacon salad).

But if I were to bit a bit less selfish and frivolous about life, I'd pick that my Mum's chemotherapy isn't giving her the awful side effects that most people seem to suffer with it, for which I am very thankful.

Lascarina and monicabilongame like this.
  19. Motherofchikkins

Motherofchikkins Star commenter

Love my new job
    Love my new job
    Love my new job :D

20. Motherofchikkins

Motherofchikkins Star commenter

Did I mention that i had a new job :)