1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Graphic Dimension

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by JamesK, Mar 25, 2012.

1. JamesK

JamesK New commenter

Hi
    I am delivering the OCR Level 2 i-media course. For unit 1, you have to create an image that can be used for web and for print.
    Can someone please help with what would be a suitable canvas size (using Fireworks) I have contacted OCR but don't seem to get a response from them.
    Any advice at all is much appreciated.
    Thanks

2. A banner.

3. JamesK

JamesK New commenter

Thanks what about the canvas size bit, I was thinking something like 800 x 200 pixels, does this seem reasonable?

4. If you want to cater for all screen resolutions you should probably go for 780x200 and get the students to say they are catering for for 10 pixel padding on each side because of scroll bars. I think that gives you a distinction mark for properly considering resolutions.

5. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Standard_web_banner_ad_sizes.svg

6. JamesK

JamesK New commenter

Thanks very much for your help :)

7. You can specify any size you want, as long as you can justify it. I'd go for an A5 flyer. 21cm x 14.8cm at 150dpi (print should ideally be 300dpi, but 150 is an acceptable standard).

Sticking "21cm in in" in Google gets you 8.odd inches. Times by 150 and you get 1240px on the longest side. Repeat for the short side.

The students can also export the same image at 72dpi for a web version.