1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Graphic Design GCSE trip ideas

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by zglw, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Could try the British film institute on the south bank- movie posters might help also the toy museum may be useful!

2. Don't forget that the 2013 and 2014 contexts are out now, and Jack and the Beanstalk has been superceeded by "fairy tale of your choice"!
    If you've got a big shopping centre nearby, you could take them there and ask them to get first hand research from shops like HMV and the like. Clear it with the shop manager first, but photographs of products in their natural environment that they have taken themselves are more highly valued than ones downloaded off the internet! I get them to take photos on their phones and send them to me via Bluetooth. You can do that trip in an hour or so. I've even heard of teachers taking a group of lower ability pupils to the cinema to research film tasks with watching the film used as the carrot to get them to take notice of their surroundings with regards to standees and posters, and comparing the styles of films shown in the trailers.
    Getting away from trips but on a related theme, I used www.traileraddict.com to get my Y10 group looking at the different film styles that they could use - I've got an urban gangster version of Little Red Riding Hoody that is in a Manga anime style, influenced by Akira, and a South Park-style Goldilocks as two of my groups ideas!