1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Graph plotter

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by mmmmmaths, Jan 12, 2011.

1. mmmmmaths

mmmmmaths New commenter

Hi folks

I need a free graph plotter to either download or use online any good ones you know of?

2. "y=" works fine

3. I personally prefer to use autograph for graph plotting.
    I find Douglas Butler's presentation's on autograph totally inspirational. He is surely one of the brightest guys I have ever met.
    If you got to one of the major maths teaching conferences make sure you sign up for one of this sessions. Alan Catley is very good to. Douglas wins for the incredible depth of his maths. Alan for the flexibility of the ways he uses Autograph to teach maths at lower levels.

4. Nazard

Nazard New commenter

LICENCE OPTIONS: SINGLE user £ 59 (+ VAT) MIDDLE SCHOOLS/PREP SCHOOLS ? SITE £ 250 (+ VAT)
    [up to age 13] ? EXTENDED SITE £ 350 (+ VAT)
    SECONDARY SCHOOLS/COLLEGES ? 50-USER £ 350 (+ VAT)
    [< 2000 students] ? SITE &pound; 450 (+ VAT)
    ? EXTENDED SITE &pound; 650 (+ VAT)
    COLLEGES/UNIVERSITIES ? SITE &pound;1200 (+ VAT)
    [> 2000 students] ? EXTENDED SITE &pound;1800 (+ VAT)

5. Nazard

Nazard New commenter

Sorry - previous post got away before I intended!
    The prices for Autograph are as shown.
    GeoGebra is free (and will save you spending money on GSP or Cabri too).

6. Colleen_Young

Colleen_Young Occasional commenter

I do like Autograph, we all use it a great deal at school.
    I do also like to use one of the free graph plotters on the web as kevchenko has mentioned.
    I have a few favourites here.
    Illustrate with picture...!
    [​IMG]

7. mmmmmaths

mmmmmaths New commenter

Fooplot. This one is new to me thanks will have a play. Was amused by the "for your urgent graphing needs" link
    Thanks Casy good for what I need.

Autograph has been my favourite ever since it was a beta version. Unfortunately I do now need a free version and a very simple one which can be easily used without any understanding of the English language.
    (I don't understand the link that you posted weebecka??? It doesn't seem to be relevant to my request.)

8. mmmmmaths

mmmmmaths New commenter

The above was a reply to three posters. Here did my paragraphs go? (Using my IPad)

9. Tandy

Tandy New commenter

10. DM

DM New commenter

I'd never heard of it but I'm downloading it now.

11. Tandy

Tandy New commenter

I do like freebies!

12. DM

DM New commenter

It's really good Tandy. I like the way it embeds in Word. Now going over to The Student Room to tell them all to get it!