1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Grants and bursaries !!

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by Janna5, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Hello everyone,
    I'm trying to get my student finance sorted.
    If I get a Maintenance Grant am I also entitled to a bursary? Knowing that I'm doing a MFL PGCE Secondary.
    If the answer is yes, do I have to make an application to my University or is it through Student Finance?
    Thank you and happy Saturday.

2. Hello everyone,
    I'm trying to get my student finance sorted.
    If I get a Maintenance Grant am I also entitled to a bursary? Knowing that I'm doing a MFL PGCE Secondary.
    If the answer is yes, do I have to make an application to my University or is it through Student Finance?
    Thank you and happy Saturday.

3. While the two aren't linked in the way you describe, your uni will want to make sure you are registered with Student Finance, esp if you are getting a loan to cover your tuition fees.
    Your bursary will be sorted by your uni, so there's nothing for you to do.
    To apply for grant and loans, got to Student Finance website and apply online. If you are starting in September, you've left it very late, and while you will still get your support, it may not be in place by the time you start.

4. While the two aren't linked in the way you describe, your uni will want to make sure you are registered with Student Finance, esp if you are getting a loan to cover your tuition fees.
    Your bursary will be sorted by your uni, so there's nothing for you to do.
    To apply for grant and loans, go to Student Finance website and apply online. If you are starting in September, you've left it very late, and while you will still get your support, it may not be in place by the time you start.
    http://www.studentfinance.direct.gov.uk/portal/page?_pageid=153,4680119&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL

5. Hi Alec,
    I've applied more than a month ago to Student Finance but I got confused with the bursary application process.

Thank you very much!