1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Grannies and Grandpas of 2016

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by gooddays, Dec 15, 2015.

1. gooddays

gooddays Senior commenter

I've known for a few weeks that my oldest daughter is expecting her first baby around July 8. She told my husband tonight that she will be telling her friends this weekend and that we are cleared to start bragging as well (it is quite possible that I told my friends on another thread the very day she told us).

So, other grandparents, shall we share the ride?

2. GLsghost

GLsghost Star commenter

My daughter's expecting her first (and my first grandchild) on April 1st - a little girl.

They have asked me to go with them to the birth, as her husband thinks he might be nervous and doesn't want to leave her unsupported. I am thrilled! I used to be an NCT teacher and b/f counsellor, decades ago and sometimes attended labours with clients. I have also been with unaccompanied teenagers, but being with my daughter at the birth of our grandchild will be very special.

3. gooddays

gooddays Senior commenter

Congratulations, @GLsghost! Only 3 months - so exciting!