1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Grandchild of the Holocaust

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by Gringo_cat, Oct 3, 2008.

1. I was wondering whether anyone could help. My department's copy of this 2005 BBC documentary has finally given up the ghost; the sound has gone completely. I know I could find an alternative film to show, but this one has been particularly effective with our Year 9s and I've set myself a bit of a quest to hunt down a copy. I cannot find it anywhere on Youtube or the web. If anyone has a weblink to it or has a copy themselves they would be willing to share, particularly on DVD, I would be eternally grateful.

Many thanks,

GringoCat

2. Hi,
    Just seen your message. If you need a DVD copy then I can provide one, although the programme is now on the BBC Holocaust Archive. I am the son of Rene Salt, and briefly appeared in documentary with my son Adrian. Let me know.
    Martin

3. http://www.bbc.co.uk/archive/holocaust/5100.shtml

4. MsFranglais1979

MsFranglais1979 New commenter

Dear Martin,

I don't know if you are still on here. I met René in 2012 at Priory School in Hitchin when she was giving a talk about her experiences. The moment has never left me. I went on to watch the documentary shortly afterwards.
    Every month, I write an international newsletter for our students at the school where I work about a different country. The September edition of the newsletter is on Poland and I would like to do an article on Auschwitz. I was wondering whether there is a short written account of her experiences somewhere that I could perhaps use in the article or whether you would be willing to write a short piece for me?

Kind Regards,

Zöe Defoe