1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Grammar in an International school

Discussion in 'English' started by mccarthyaisling, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I am Literacy coordinator in an International school. While the children can access the national curriculim there are errors in their grammar: sentence structure, use of article. Does anyone one else with a high ESL number in their class teach grammar? Can you reccomend a program of study and books. I have been told to order but unsure what to choose.
    Any advice would be super

2. Hi,
    I am Literacy coordinator in an International school. While the children can access the national curriculim there are errors in their grammar: sentence structure, use of article. Does anyone one else with a high ESL number in their class teach grammar? Can you reccomend a program of study and books. I have been told to order but unsure what to choose.
    Any advice would be super

3. y9840125

y9840125 Occasional commenter

We have used Link Up which i quite like and Aspire.

4. Thanks to the OP and also for the replies.

I am on TES today to try and find out what other international schools are doing for high school English/Grammar and this has already been helpful.

I may be back later with more questions.

Thanks again.

5. Heck out the resource called GORGEOUS GRAMMAR for KS2 which I posted a few weeks back. It has proved hugely popular and I'll be adding ten mini tests during this half term week. I taught abroad for 20 years (EFL) that included spells of teaching at International Schools. Best of luck.JP