1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Grammar for Year 6

Discussion in 'Primary' started by ShadowMan, Aug 13, 2015.

1. ShadowMan

ShadowMan New commenter

Having looked at the sample grammar paper for Year 6, I am really struggling with planning grammar exercises and activities for the children to do.

There are a wealth of websites and resources online but an awful lot of them are either not hard enough or place an emphasis on something the children don't need to know. Likewise with out of date text books that teach collective nouns - not needed - and don't mention subordinate clauses.

I could really do with a bang up to date scheme or text book - a bit like 'Target Your Maths' with plenty of bog standard practice in it.

Anyone?

2. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

3. summlard

summlard New commenter

4. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Star commenter

I like CPG too - the year group books - and the smaller book of 10 minute tests is useful. Pie Corbett books are brilliant for fun ideas for grammar and there are quite a few resources on the Talk for Writing website.