1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Grammar content of G1 G2 G3 G4 G5 G6

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Carolyne740, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Carolyne740

Carolyne740 New commenter

Does anyone have a detailed list of the terms/items that will be tested and are expected to be known under the above grammar sections G1 - G6?
    I can not find a detailed breakdown of each section (G1 - G6) anywhere!

2. michaelt1979

michaelt1979 Occasional commenter

3. markuss

markuss Occasional commenter

One little thing it says that strikes me as being odd:

4.4.4 The use of the serial comma

The mark will not be awarded if a serial comma is used in a list of single items, e.g.

We bought apples, cheese, and milk.

Who has decided that the "Oxford" comma (so called because it is the style of the OUP) is incorrect?

Has this been published "gov think" in the past? Perhaps it isn't an oddity if that's what you've been trained to think and what you've had to teach but it's still a popular style in the UK and who's to say it's wrong?

4. Carolyne740

Carolyne740 New commenter

Thank you!
    I did actually want KS2 and have found now thanks to the link (G7 plese forgive me!!)

Do you also happen to have a progression / skills scheme of work or suggested mapping of grammar elements to be taught in KS2? We have school created one but there are lots of terms etc missing and I wonderd if anyone else used one that I could comapre to.

Thanks

5. michaelt1979

michaelt1979 Occasional commenter

I'm afraid I don't - although the NC sets out rather detailed requirements about what should be covered in each year, so I'd start with that!