1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Graduate teacher programme - Business Studies

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by Southy9, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Hi all,

I am hoping someone will be able to help me with this.
    I have managed to get on the GTP scheme for Business studies starting in September but I am a little apprehensive about moving into teaching as I have a mortgage and I am leaving a secure job to move across. I have a couple of questions if anyone can help.

Do placement schools ever offer a job at the end of the training period?
    Do head teachers / schools prefer teachers who have come via the GTP or PGCE route or does it not matter?
    Are Business Studies teaching jobs on the decline as it isnt a core subject?

Thanks to anyone who can offer an opinion on these.

S

2. Hi all,

I am hoping someone will be able to help me with this.
    I have managed to get on the GTP scheme for Business studies starting in September but I am a little apprehensive about moving into teaching as I have a mortgage and I am leaving a secure job to move across. I have a couple of questions if anyone can help.

Do placement schools ever offer a job at the end of the training period?
    Do head teachers / schools prefer teachers who have come via the GTP or PGCE route or does it not matter?
    Are Business Studies teaching jobs on the decline as it isnt a core subject?

Thanks to anyone who can offer an opinion on these.

S

3. Hi
    Thanks for your post.
    Best wishes,
    Bev