1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Grading mocks - WJEC

Discussion in 'English' started by User2525, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Hi

I'm trying to put a grade to the mocks the year 11s have just done but I can't seem to find a guide. Does anyone know if one exists? My HOD is using the mark/grade relationship that goes with the CAs, but I'm pretty sure this isn't the right one to use.

I'm talking about the WJEC English Language paper (unit 1 and 2) by the way.

Any advice hugely appreciated.

2. Hi

I'm trying to put a grade to the mocks the year 11s have just done but I can't seem to find a guide. Does anyone know if one exists? My HOD is using the mark/grade relationship that goes with the CAs, but I'm pretty sure this isn't the right one to use.

I'm talking about the WJEC English Language paper (unit 1 and 2) by the way.

Any advice hugely appreciated.

3. I'm pretty sure that the mark schemes have a grid that gives marks/grade equivalents for questions and or totals so it's possible to work it out from there. Mark schemes are in the secure area of the WJEC website - if your HOD doesn't have access, the exams officer can set it up - and mark schemes are similar year on year, so if you have used something odd, or devised your own mock, it should be possible to do conversion work to get a meaningful grade out of it.