1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Graded observation in SIA???

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Watmore, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Watmore

Watmore New commenter

Today I had an observation and the children were engaged in Self Initiated activities, can you grade that?? I am a bit confused especially when I was asked for my LO? I said to access resources safely and pack them away appropriately??
    Oh dear!

2. Watmore

Watmore New commenter

Today I had an observation and the children were engaged in Self Initiated activities, can you grade that?? I am a bit confused especially when I was asked for my LO? I said to access resources safely and pack them away appropriately??
    Oh dear!

3. marymoocow

marymoocow Star commenter

We use the continuous provision plans from durham and have these displayed in each area. These are supposed to be adapted to your provision, but we havent quite got round to that yet so are hoping if ofsted come tomorrow that they wont look too carefully. [​IMG]We have recently had a consultant head observe and has suggested that we put in questions or tasks in the areas so parents and visitors including ofsted know what you may be trying to achieve. This is mainly because ofsted may only be in your room for a brief snap shot and may not have time/ want to speak to you, so you basically make it *** proof and very explicit.. Obviously children will take it in a totally different direction but at least you have shown that you have thought about the LO. She said to do the same with displays as well, so you say what skills they were learning. I dont think there is anything wrong in what you said if you have new children like me at the moment, this is often my LO at the beginning of the year or when they need reminding how to play with toys appropriately. However if your children have been there a while, you need to think about what how and why and for who you add particular enhancements to each area.