1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Grade 2 Pay

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by breakrota, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Hi,
    I have a few question if any one can please answer.
    How is a teaching assistant's pay worked out? how much would a grade 2 pay be aprox in the Bradford area#?
    Also do TA get payed during the school holidays? and are you allowed to take any time of during term time.

Thanks

2. hubcap

hubcap New commenter

level to where we are is about£8 per hour. (depends on how many hours) Term time only. No you dont get paid for the hols. They calculate it over 42 weeks and spread it to pay you a wage a month over 12 months. No we cant take hols during term time, hope this helps!

3. Thank you soo much for that information..i guess for 20hrs a week the pay wont be too good.

4. Although you are expecting a job of 20 hours per week you will be in school a lot longer.

5. "Also one thing to remember, if you resign form the job never do so at the end of the term as you will loose the money you would have earned, and which has been 'deducted' from your annual wage. "

I have wondered about this...So when would be the best time to resign if you are paid pro-rata, because technically they have reduced your hourly wage to cover your holidays, if you resign before you take those holidays then surely they would owe you money?

6. To maximise your pay your resignation should take effect from the start of the new term or half term, i.e. if resigning at Easter it should be effected from say the 3rd of May not the 15th of April. It can get very complicated trying to get the pay you are owed.