I would really appreciate the thoughts of colleagues re the following dilemna please and what you would do in this situation. In short - I accepted a new Head post in April and subsequently resigned from current HT post. I was aware the school was vulnerable in the eyes of Ofsted etc but it is the type of school in which I believe my forte lies. It transpires that the school is on the bottom 200 primary 'hit list' and therefore an unknown future lies ahead. I would not have applied to an Academy and certainly do not wish to commence a post which may be taken from me in Sept 2012 and if it doesn't I do not know the pay and conditions etc of an academy school. O to have a crystal ball! I have spoken with the union and it seems it rests on the willingness of my current post to let me retract my resignation. They have not advertised yet and I think they will have me back. However there is a risk of being known as a 'messer' and therefore becoming 'blacklisted' or as a someone who quits whan the going gets tough. It is not in my nature to accept a post and then go back on my word. However the goal posts have moved a CONSIDERABLE DISTANCE!!! Advice and reassurance would be very welcomed please. I really do not know which way to turn. The reckless side of me wants to stay and fight as I know I can make a huge difference to these children who deserve the best - and in my opinion thats not to be in an academy. Am I strong, brave or crazy enough to take on the government? It's head or heart time. My time scale is limited and for both schools and their families I must do something in the next week - I do not think I can waste time waiting to see for definite if we are on the first list. If we are not we will be on second phase. Over to you guys please....?