1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Government pay increase 2.75%

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by cmfrancis, Jul 19, 2019.

1. cmfrancis

cmfrancis New commenter

I have accepted a new role at a new school for September and agreed a salary. If this increase is awarded in September would I be eligible for this increase or would I only be entitled to the salary I have agreed?

Thanks

2. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

Not possible to answer because only the school who offered you the job can decide that. The only people likely to be guaranteed the rise are those on STPCD who are being paid the minimum of the MPR or UPR. For everyone else it'll depend what the school decides to do with its own pay policy.

Does the job offer just say a cash amount, or does it say it'll be at a particular scale point on that school's own pay policy? If the latter your pay should go up by whatever increase the school gives to that scale point. If the former they aren't obliged to give you any increase at all unless the offer letter indicates that the pay will be reviewed to take into account any general pay increases.

Piranha likes this.