1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Government and Politics A Level - best courses?

Discussion in 'History' started by sunshine76, May 18, 2012.

1. sunshine76

sunshine76 New commenter

Hope you don't mind me posting in 'History'.
    I'm going to be introducing A Level Government and Politics from Sept 2013. Just wondering what exam boards are best for this.

Thank you

2. sunshine76

sunshine76 New commenter

Hope you don't mind me posting in 'History'.
    I'm going to be introducing A Level Government and Politics from Sept 2013. Just wondering what exam boards are best for this.

Thank you

3. MarkJH

MarkJH New commenter

I think they're pretty much of a muchness. The courses are very similar in content and structure . We've always done AQA and our results are generally good and the boys enjoy the course. Many go on to study the subject at University either on its own or as an adjunct to a History degree. Our Girls' school do Edexcel which they also seem happy with. I believe that Edexcel is the more popular course nationally. I don't know anyone who does OCR Politics. After our horrific experience with OCR History (we've moved back to AQA), I'm not inclined to give them a go!

4. we have had the same dilemma and have came to the conclusion they are all similar.
    Have a look on helpmeteach.co.uk for some good cheap and free a level resources- really helped me with some problematic topics