1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Gove shafts!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by TCSC47, Jul 1, 2016.

1. TCSC47

TCSC47 Star commenter

I used to think Jeremy Paxman was excellent in the sneering way he talked to politicians. But when he took over University Challenge I realised he talked to EVERBODY like that.

In a similar manner, I thought Gove only wanted to shaft the teachers. But when he was let loose on the EU debate and then running for the Nasty party leadership, I realised he just went around shafting EVERBODY!

Et Tu Govey!

sabrinakat and Dragonlady30 like this.
  2. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

What he has done is dishonourable and underhand. Shameful!! I hope he's buried in the election.

3. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

Public humiliation is the only answer for him.

4. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

Do we have to wait that long?

5. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

We mustn't be driven by emotion. That's what Gove and his cronies used to get us into this mess. Whist emotion and common sense might lead us to believe he's toxic, we need to think things through objectively.

Was there ever a great leader who wasn't prepared to flog his granny to a pimp?

6. blazer

blazer Star commenter

He must have some skeletons in a cupboard somewhere. Do journos not look because his missus is a fellow journo?

7. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

There's no need to be bothered about those at this stage, blazer. His support so far, hasn't been worth a light.

In politics you save your ammunition until you need it and don't expose yourself as a mortal enemy until the time is right, as Gove did with Boris.

I'd suggest it isn't possible for anyone to get to where Gove is right now without having a host of skeletons in his closet that will one day come to haunt him. His dearest friends know where he keeps them and will be honest enough to spill the beans, if and when they need to. His wife will probably be at the head of the queue, the moment he falls from grace and a better life choice comes along.