1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Gove on The Andrew Marr Show

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by lancsHOD, Jun 26, 2011.

1. lancsHOD

lancsHOD New commenter

Anyone see it?
    It talked about the strike and about exams.
    'All modules tested at the end of the course for GCSEs starting 2012 onwards.'
    'Teachers are professionals so should not go on strike'.
    'Teachers shouldn't go on strike because it will disrupt families'
    'There should be more legistration to make strikes less likely'.
    Great quote from Andrew Marr, ' So you'd like it to be harder to be a teacher, them to work longer, have lower pensions and not get paid anymore!'
    Hope I've not misquoted any of the above, said it as I remember.

2. They were all in line with his previous asinine comments.
    Does the GCSE one mean for those starting GCSE in 2012, or those fininshing, most of whom will have already sat modules, so he'll look like an idiot (again)?
    If it's those starting in 2012, will this result in a further rush to start GCSEs in year 9, so that the modules can be spaced out? Also, given that they will all have to be sat together, what's the point of doing modular anyway?
    The man is a ***. Sadly, EdSecs often are...

cyolba, feeling like he is part of the perpetual revolution :)

3. lancsHOD

lancsHOD New commenter

I think he did say for GCSEs starting in 2012.
    Totally agree.

4. The asterisks represent cretin, to clarify my opinion of the Secretary of State for Education. Whose aim seems to be to destroy education as we know it.

cyolba, clearing up the mess :)

5. lancsHOD

lancsHOD New commenter

So, maybe I shouldn't spend time working out when Y9 are going to do their modules, May of Y11, decision made by Mr Gove??

6. Micheal, the toad,Gove
    He said we are professionals - I believe yes we are
    He akinned us to medical consultants, they do not strike (his words) - Yes they also get paid an awful lot more and so can make alternative pension plans
    He basically said that the parents should blame us for having to make arrangements for Thursday
    ARE WE A BABYSITTING SERVICE MR GOVE
    if so fine I agree but no I do believe we are and educational establishment
    Mind you it would make him Babysitting Secretary, by the way you could tell by the look on his face that they will not back down, Maggie's Children
    Anyway rant over back to a peaceful Sunday

7. Molesworth2

Molesworth2 New commenter

Micahel Gove has been a babysitter himself before.
    [​IMG]