1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Gove for PM !

Discussion in 'Personal' started by maz403, May 26, 2019.

1. maz403

maz403 New commenter

2. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Simply put NO

3. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

Yes, but only if it means mutual destruction with Johnson, as in 2016... ;)

mothorchid and nizebaby like this.
  4. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

The trouble is, the short list for leader will be voted on by Tory MPs, not teachers, and many MPs believe he did a good job with education (and an even better one with environment).

Jamvic and LondonCanary like this.
  5. primarycat

primarycat Star commenter

Nothing more needs to be said.

Jamvic, EmanuelShadrack and lanokia like this.
  6. dunnocks

dunnocks Star commenter

I think he should be made to stand in front of maths classes in a comprehensive school full time for 6 months, as atonement.

After which he would withdraw from any delusional idea he has that he is fit to manage or judge or decide anything

bombaysapphire and Sally006 like this.
  7. mothorchid

mothorchid Star commenter

:eek::eek::eek::(
    Tory Stewart seems less bad than some. Anyone have any thoughts on him?

hplovegame48 likes this.
  8. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

I cannot comment without using expletives so I must refrain.

9. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

Many Tory MP's though, it could guarantee they're out in a GE though.

Jamvic likes this.
  10. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

Despite his being disliked by teachers, he was very effective at implementing the agenda. Was it his agenda, or that of the men in grey suits though? We will probably never know until we are too old to care, but if you want a leader who gets things done, he's probably better than most.

11. Oscillatingass

Oscillatingass Star commenter

I cannot believe there is the prospect of this mean spirited disingenuous little s iht becoming the leader of this country. Urgh just urgh.

Jamvic, lanokia, towncryer and 3 others like this.
  12. knitone

knitone Lead commenter

If PM stands for Permanently Muted, then yes.

13. Sally006

Sally006 Occasional commenter

The only hope is he leads his party into a landslide defeat in a GE - but no, he’ll stay for at least the remaining three years and cause havoc. I’m planning my exit strategy as I text.

Jamvic and Oscillatingass like this.
  14. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

Another old Etonian! Ian Duncan Smith pointed out yesterday that Rory Stewart may already have burnt his bridges by saying that he could not work with Boris Johnson at the very time when many Tories want someone to unite the party rather than divide it even more.

lanokia and border_walker like this.
  15. dumpty

dumpty Star commenter

Added to what @florian gassmann has said, he is also of the mind May's deal was wonderful and he was always barking at leave MPs to be the ones to compromise.

So unlikely the Tories will remove May and then get her twin brother to take over.

On that note, there is also a growing feeling those in the cabinet now are very much stained by their inability to deliver...well, anything but arguments, leaks and own views. The feeling of seeing Gove, Rudd or Hammond taking the reins is akin to nothing whatsoever changing.

I get the impression Rudd.Fox and Hammond do know this at least, hence why they are not in the mix. Those in the present cabinet need to hold a low profile for a while, methinks.

border_walker likes this.
  16. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

He's not Boris Johnson

That's the only positive I can manage

17. eljefeb90

eljefeb90 Senior commenter

Don't you think that the Tory party split/splits are irrevocable?

18. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

If Gove, Stewart, and Hunt appeared in a sepia tinted gallery of the Victorian underworld you'd be eternally thankful you didn't live in 1880s Whitechapel wouldn't you?

Gove's up to something weasly - notice how he threw his hat in the ring last. I reckon he's hoping to split the Boris vote to the point where he's bribed off with the promise of a cabinet post if he backs down in the later stages. As are most of the others. Whoever gets it will be tainted with the B****t outcome - I reckon the smart players are biding their time and waiting for the next leadership contest.

19. gainly

gainly Lead commenter

I'd like to think so but i'm sure they won't go down without a fight.

20. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

As this cartoon suggests:

[​IMG]

Jamvic and magic surf bus like this.