1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Got your interview? Share the news!

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by Half MT, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Hi my interview at lsbu on 26th, bit nervous, how did it go? have you heard back yet? Anyone doing the science test in december? Any tips appreciated... and good luck all! Zoe

2. Hi Zoe, had my interview at LSBU last weds (19th) and think it went quite well, they said we would hear in about a week so i'm hoping i'll know by weds! Good luck for yours, the day is a lot more informal than i'd imagined, was really worried beforehand but it's really not as bad as you'd think. I would say just be as enthusiastic as you can in the presentation of your lesson and make sure you have plenty to say in the afternoon part!

3. 12th December Aberystwyth secondary history been waiting for ages cant wait but well nervous!!!

4. I have an interview with Dorset SCITT (on 10th/11th Dec) which was my first choice! The letter arrived on my birthday which made up for the fact I received no other cards through the post!!

5. I have got two interviews coming up in January. One for a primary pgce and one for primary gtp. The GTP is the one I really want, for many reasons, but it's so encouraging to have got an interview for both!

6. The thing I'm most nervous about is the 'group discussion' bit!

7. Hi all!

I'm just new to thisso apologies if this is a stupid question! I'm from Dublin, Ireland and have an interview next week for LSBU, I have a question regarding the presentation. We have been asked to prepare a presentation of an aspect of the National Curriculum, I'm observing in a local school at the minute so have access to Ireland's National Curriculum, do people think the Englias and Irish Curriculum are the same for English and Maths, where would I get info on the English one?

Any suggestions or tips for the interview at LSBU would be greatly appreciated!!

8. Hey. I've just got an interview at the learning institute. I was wondering if you'd had yours yet and what it consisted of.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

9. gemmamarie08

gemmamarie08 New commenter

Jumping on the band wagon, I have an interview for a post compulsory PGCE (16+) on the 27th April followed by a group interview on the 6th May. I want to teach Physics and Electronics. I'm sooooo excited but nervous too!
    Best of luck to those who have interviews coming up!

10. I have an interview for the Drama PGCE Central School of Speech and Drama tomorrow, I'm so nervous!

It says I have a formal interview, discussion and written tasks and that the process may take up to 4 hours! It gives me no clue of anything, and I don't have to prepare anything to present...
    NERVOUS

11. Hi all,
    Ive got an interview for Primary with Oxford Brookes on Tuesday 9th Nov so just under a week now, anyone else got an interview here...would love some reassurance with the kind of prep work you are doing etc and of course be good to know some friendly faces will be there....

12. Got a letter yesterday & I've got a interview for Primary PGCE in Liverpool next Wednesday the 10th Nov. pretty nervous! good luck to everyone else :)

13. Congrats on your interview! Is it for Hope or edgehill?

14. My interview is tomorrow! I'm sooo nervous. It's for Upper Primary at BGUC, lots of people talking about Reading on here. I'm from Reading, it's a nice enough place but after 22 years I want to live somewhere a bit quieter.

15. Just found out via the UWE website that I've got an interview there the week after next. Very excited and very nervous!

16. Just checked GTTR and have got an interview at Loughborough on 14th December for PE. No letter yet.

Good luck to everyone with interviews.

17. Hi all!
    I have an interview for a primary PGCE course at Lincoln Bishop Grosseteste University College, next Tuesday (9th Nov).
    Extremely nervous as the day involves: numeracy and writing tasks, a 5min oral presentation and an individual interview (15-20mins).
    Good luck everybody, lets hope it works out for the best!

18. Liverpool Hope - Has anyone else heard from hope yet?

19. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything from St Mary's University College in Twickenham, London?

Still not heard anything [​IMG]

20. bubblyj

bubblyj New commenter

Hi All,

I have an interview for Secondary English PGCE at Kings College London, on the 11.11.10 - anyone else? If you have already had it, some advice would be awesome.
    Good luck x