1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Got an interview!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by anon3407, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Got an interview on Friday for a Graduate LSA position at a local school. Have to teach a 25 minute lesson to a group of year 8 pupils which develops higher order thinking skills! That's the only brief I have been given!!!! (Considering to apply for the job you just had to be a graduate (i.e. not really have teaching experience) I'm bloomin' glad I've done the PGCE and know what higher order thinking skills are)).

2. Got an interview on Friday for a Graduate LSA position at a local school. Have to teach a 25 minute lesson to a group of year 8 pupils which develops higher order thinking skills! That's the only brief I have been given!!!! (Considering to apply for the job you just had to be a graduate (i.e. not really have teaching experience) I'm bloomin' glad I've done the PGCE and know what higher order thinking skills are)).

3. Congratulations and
    [​IMG]
    Good luck.
    Just follow Theos advice on preparing for interview and you'll be great!

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Well done for getting that interview! The interview tips - and some LA questions - are in the Welcome thread at the top.
    Fingers crossed that soon you'll be starting your own new thread Dear Theo - I got that job!
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

5. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Gosh and we're led to believe a LSA is a 'lesser position'! ?

6. Apparently so! At least for the teaching jobs I've have interviews for I've had an idea about what to do. When I got that brief today I was a bit like EEEAAKKK (went to look up Blooms Taxonomy). Apparently after they've seen the lesson they'll let me know if I'm through to the interview stage!

Will let you all know how I get on of course.

7. welshchocoholic1

welshchocoholic1 Senior commenter

Oh wow! Well done LTC1409! Good luck[​IMG].I have my fingers crossed for you! x