1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Got an interview tomorrow, help and advice please!

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by Harleyjmc, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Hello everyone. I have an interview at a Primary School tomorrow, this will be my first interview since 1995 and my first ever role as a teaching assistant. Has part of the interview I have been asked to take along any object/artifact and then hold a 15 minute discussion with a group of KS2 children, the focus of the discussion can be anything I decide. I am really really struggling! I have thought about taking in an old bunch of keys and talking to them about what they think the keys could open. Problem is I'm just not confident about my idea. Can anyone please help me out with any other ideas or if you think my idea is good then let me know how to expand upon it.
    Thanks everyone.

2. Hello everyone. I have an interview at a Primary School tomorrow, this will be my first interview since 1995 and my first ever role as a teaching assistant. Has part of the interview I have been asked to take along any object/artifact and then hold a 15 minute discussion with a group of KS2 children, the focus of the discussion can be anything I decide. I am really really struggling! I have thought about taking in an old bunch of keys and talking to them about what they think the keys could open. Problem is I'm just not confident about my idea. Can anyone please help me out with any other ideas or if you think my idea is good then let me know how to expand upon it.
    Thanks everyone.

3. armandine2

armandine2 Established commenter

I wonder what you took .... I would've taken my cheap mechanical black plastic Chinese metronome. It's quite light with a tinny hollow sound but can sound a bell on the first beat in 2, 3 and 4 beat bars. The pendulum mechanism has a sliding weight to vary its periodic time from very slow to well quite fast ... and when I'd ran out of steam I could always start happy clapping.[​IMG]