1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Got an interview but a little confused...

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by lCatherinel, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Hi,

This is my first post on TES so forgive me if I've made any errors in posting.

So, I've received a letter inviting me for an interview and it reads:

"As part of the interview process you will be required to teach a class of approximately 30 mixed ability Year 7 students. ...You should provide a lesson plan for 25 minutes. If you wish to include in your planning the detail for a full hours lesson then feel free to do so."

So after reading it initially I thought that I was planning a 25 minute lesson and I could put in the planning of how to teach the hour if I wished. I am unsure how to deliver a 25 minute lesson so came on here to find out.

I re-read the letter before starting my forum post and now I'm not sure if I have interpreted it correctly. Do they want me to teach for a full hour but provide a lesson plan for 25 minutes? That makes even less sense to me. Do schools do this?