1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Got a place but need a new supporting school.

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by jemmavause, Feb 21, 2011.

1. I was over the moon to get a place on a GTP. Today I got my letter and it stated that my place was conditional on me finding another school.

I have no idea where to start so have e mailed some of my local schools. Anyone else in the same boat?

I'm Leeds based does anyone know of any schools who support the programme?

Jem

2. Hi Jemmavause,
    Congratulations for getting a GTP place! Why do you have to find another school? Did you have a school prior to your application?

3. Hi Matt

My school also employs my mum and they have said that they are not happy with us working together.
    I'm so frustrated as it said that on my original Application and they only told me today after offering me my place last week!

Now I'm really stressed as everyones budgets are tight.

Fingers crossed I can get somewhere to support me.

4. Well good luck. Remember that you have the training provider which will attract schools. Might be worth visiting some schools in person and arranging a meeting with the head. So they don't just dismiss your call/letter.

5. Hi Jem
    How frustrating is your situation. Why don't you see if the head of your supporting school has close contacts or friends at other schools that are willing to accept you. Sometimes it is about who you know.
    I was able to do voluntary work asap at the second school I work in because my first supporting school knew the assistant head and put in a good word in for me. I could have trying to find another school to take me on for a long time because so many of them already have lots of volunteers, college or uni placements, so it is worth giving it a try.

Hope this helps - I had a bad week last week and you and several others made me feel positive again, so don't give up and just see what you can do.

Lynnette xx