1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Got a Job Offer? What to do now . . .

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by mrsshorty, Jun 17, 2011.

1. grrrlatrix

grrrlatrix New commenter

What fantastic advice.
    Thanks again Theo.

2. welshchocoholic1

welshchocoholic1 Senior commenter

Not recieved this yet. Should I be worried that I 've imagined the whole thing [​IMG]?
    Oops - um [​IMG]!
    [​IMG] Yes -thank you very much!!
    BUMP [​IMG]

3. Thanks for this Theo.
    The school e-mailed me a copy of the offer letter the following day, and will give me the original tomorrow. It has a tear off slip at the bottom for me to sign to accept!
    Wren

4. LucSki

LucSki New commenter

BUMP!
    Currently reading through offer letter, contract and details on a staff induction day that came through today!
    EXCITING!
    xx

5. B U M P

6. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

7. Bump :D :D

Haven't had anything official but went in today to get new starters pack, CRB forms, welcome pack and my teacher's diary :)

My future class are doing their assembly on Tuesday so going in to have a peek :)

8. amyliv88

amyliv88 New commenter

9. Bump bump! [​IMG]

10. Bump! Thanks Theo, a great help!

11. Bump! Great advice thanks.

12. pjhewett

pjhewett New commenter

13. good advice
    bump

14. Dear Theo,
    Many thanks for this information. I have been offered a part time role working 2 days a week as an NQT MFL teacher which is fab, just what i needed after the stressful pgce with two kids. I already stated that I would not work mondays and that my preferred days are thursday and friday.
    In this time I negotiated to be M2 given that i live in inner london and will be travelling outer and had some teaching experience.
    However it has been well over a month since they said they had been working on their timetabling. I went into school a few weeks back and was given my classes verbally and then told they worked to a 2 week timetable (i wish i had known this before), with the end of term looming, they have still not told me what days I will be working in sept. Is this normal? I have not signed anything yet because I find it wierd to sign up to something with unknowns.
    I had also asked for this matter to be cleared up quickly as I could sort out my childcare. I hope to do some supply and other bits and pieces adhoc to ensure I can keep my current live out au pair. I am a little frustrated and hope I dont come across ungrateful as I turned down a 3 day a week job interview as I thought this was going to be better but now i wonder should i have gone for the interview after all!
    I guess I am finding the transiton of career changing, all rather strange as these things are never unknowns outside the teaching profession before you sign a contract.
    Please advise urgently!

15. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Theo will not be looking at this thread. If you want Theo to reply to a query you must start a new thread of your own starting the title with Dear Theo ..
    Hope it all works out ok for you!

16. Excellent advice as per Theo et al, thank you very much!

17. Fabulous advice as per usual - BUMP!!