1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Got a Job Offer? What to do now . . .

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by mrsshorty, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Bump! Excellent advice. Awaiting my letter now :)

2. Rebecca1309

Rebecca1309 New commenter

Fantastic advice

3. Sound advice - thank you :)

4. Bump with joy :)

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Best wishes

6. Cosmic_Rainbow

Cosmic_Rainbow New commenter

B B B B B BUMP!!

7. alexanderosman

alexanderosman Occasional commenter

Bump.
    I've never kept my payslips in any order all the years I've been teaching [​IMG] Definitely need to be more organised - going to buy some more plastic popper wallets today!

8. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Just look at all the useful things you learn from me, Alexander!
    Now go and pick your pyjamas up from the floor and fold them neatly under your pillow, as your Mum taught you.
    Best wishes

9. A very happy bumpity bump bump! Excellent advice and I'm looking forward to carrying it out.

10. Suzanathema

Suzanathema New commenter

Hi,
    I am bumping this because I got offered a job yesterday :)

One thing though - I haven't got a letter or email confirming the post. I was offered it over the phone and verbally accepted. This was yesterday. How long should I leave it before I ask the school to send me some confirmation?

I was invited to another interview today which I turned down, as I have accepted a verbal contract (I assume this is the right thing to do?) but without any hard copy of the job offer I am getting slightly anxious!

What should I do about this?

11. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Well done!
    I suggest you repost these questions starting a thread of your own.
    Your thread title should be Dear Theo I got that job! That way we can all congratulate you and Theo will no doubt answer your questions and award you your twinkly star! (He is unlikely to open this thread to see your questions.)

12. Suzanathema

Suzanathema New commenter

Thank you - I will do :)

13. Here we go......bbbuuuuummmmmmpppppp! Ah, that's better!

Great advice...can't wait for my official letter!

14. A great big bump!!! Roll on September and new beginnings!!

15. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Are you going to start a Dear Theo I got that job thread to encourage others? We can all congratulate you too!

16. BUMP
    Got offered a job yesterday :D
    Looking forward to receiving everything in writing next week and meeting my class 4th July :D
    Already planning out my classroom hehe