1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Got a Job Offer? What to do now . . .

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by mrsshorty, Jun 17, 2011.

1. BUMP!

2. Ozzie777

Ozzie777 New commenter

Thanks for the advice Theo. The school have been very efficient and I have received all my paperwork, including a contract, today.

3. Thank you so much and 'bump!'
    Jaime

4. Thanks Theo!
    I was offered the job verbally on the Wednesday 9th November. Still no letter of confirmation. Should I panic? Should I e-mail the school secretary? In desperate need of this letter as my corrent part-time salary does not cover rental prices and without it I may not be able to find somewhere to live!
    LMP :)

5. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

LMP, unlikely thatTheo himself would open up this thread again.
    In my experience, probably not time to panic yet. Ozzie's experience is not all that common and I think it's quite a lit later (usually<u> something</u> like up to 6 weeks <u>after</u> you've started 'in post') that they have to provide you with one.
    I suggest reposting a new thread if you can't find the answer by a quick search.

6. Bump!
    Some excellent advice.

7. msmuse

msmuse New commenter

I was verbally offered a job on Monday. I'm still awaiting a formal letter - but too excited to panic yet! Oh, and BUMP!

8. Very good advice thank you. Just been offered my first teaching job so this came in handy!

9. princesstulip

princesstulip New commenter

10. welshchocoholic1

welshchocoholic1 Senior commenter

Thanks Theo. Bump! :)

11. veni_vidi

veni_vidi New commenter

Exactly the advice i needed now! (Having daymares about the school saying 'no, you misunderstood' [​IMG]

12. lnss

lnss New commenter

So relieved to be able to start a thread on jobseekers, starting with "I have a job!"

13. robertanewiss

robertanewiss New commenter

Thanks for the help Theo. Gr8 advice on job offer.
    R
    x

14. Brilliant advice thank you.

I have interview tomorrow and currently sat making notes etc.....hope it ends with a YES

Bump :D

15. Bump!

Thanks for all the great advice, very useful!

16. Bump! :) Thanks for this Theo!

17. Bump!! Thanks for the helpful advice.

18. Bump, thanks for the advice! I don't think I received a confirmation letter and I definitely didn't get my contract 8 weeks into my employment - started at the start of term in Sept and got my contract through the post on the last day (21st) December!! I will remember that for the future!