1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Got a Job Offer? What to do now . . .

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by mrsshorty, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Thank you Theo, this is very useful.

2. Very useful indeed.

3. bump [​IMG] - I got a job yesterday!

4. bump! [​IMG] arranging formal start date on tomorrow!

5. Great advice but I have 1 question.
    I had an interview and was offered a job on the last Wednesday of term (20th) It's a 1yr post with an initial 1 term contract but I've yet to receive anything.
    I was told that my timetable would be sent out that Friday (22nd) and as I was able to supply all my docs that day (including a CRB less than a month old that they can "take over") I was told my contract would be out very soon.
    When should I panic and what do I do about it!!
    Thanks

Kim

6. MayKasahara

MayKasahara New commenter

As always, excellent advice from Theo.
    You're not actually entitled to a written contract until two months after you start, I believe, so I wouldn't worry about that at the moment. If they were still appointing people on the Wednesday then they would need time to confirm the timetable and send it on to everyone so I wouldn't worry about that either. Enjoy your summer looking forward to your new job!

7. Thanks!
    I have now received my contract - and returned it with acceptance letter and salary mandate! So hopefully this will all be in place for September (and pay day!)
    Not received a timetable but I am meeting the HoD on the 15th so hopefully all will become clear then.
    I just feel a little worried that I should be doing something! As it's only a contract (1 term to start with 1 year max) I want to be as organised as possible from the start to maximise my chances of staying on!
    Kim

8. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Bump up to the top.
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I am timetabled for the October workshops - see you there!

9. Georgia99

Georgia99 New commenter

bump
    Thank you, very helpful

10. Bump, thankyou for useful advice Theo

11. Bump.
    Just in the middle of writing my acceptance letter now [​IMG] seem to have been a lot of successess recently. Have we finally gotten through the worst of the glut? Or is it the time of year. Lets hope not.

12. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Actually, from my experience this is definitely <u>not</u> job-hunting time, so let's hope this bodes well for the future!

13. Great advice- Thanks once again for all the great tips and support Theo! "Bump"

14. Very informative - Thanks Theo! 'Bump'

15. Very useful advice once again, thanks Theo!

16. As Theo requested Bump

17. baileysonice

baileysonice New commenter

Bumpety bump bump bump! I'm still on cloud nine! Hope some more jobseekers join me up here soon :)

18. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

a simple bump

I do like the wage packet idea!

I used to keep my old none school wages in a money bag (the ones for loose change etc) but have never really done this since I started teaching!