1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Gorilla - Anthony Browne

Discussion in 'Primary' started by sammfran, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Hello, i am in need of a little inspiration. I am a year 1 teacher who has been asked to team teach in Y6 in literacy in the hope i can bring some KS1 elements to KS2. I want to use a strong picture book like Gorilla that has multi layers for y6 to explore,have thought of a few obvious things like persuasive writing, writing from a perspective and exploring belonging. I would like to take any suggestions for other ways to approach this book with Y6 and espcially motivating boys.
    Thanks

2. Hello, i am in need of a little inspiration. I am a year 1 teacher who has been asked to team teach in Y6 in literacy in the hope i can bring some KS1 elements to KS2. I want to use a strong picture book like Gorilla that has multi layers for y6 to explore,have thought of a few obvious things like persuasive writing, writing from a perspective and exploring belonging. I would like to take any suggestions for other ways to approach this book with Y6 and espcially motivating boys.
    Thanks

3. Joi

Joi New commenter

http://research.kingston.ac.uk/booksalive/progress.html#

This is very useful, but for a different Browne book.

4. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

5. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

6. char2505

char2505 New commenter

Hi, I went on a course one where they modelled an approach for using this book for Guided Reading, but could poss be tweaked for lit. They hada blown up picture of the gorilla in a cage, choopped into squares. Got us to keep adding pieces ad reflecting on what we could see. KI thnoik they gave us the eye first, so we didn't know it was a gorilla, and the final bit revealed it was in a cage. We discussed what might have happened etc. I'm assuming it was that book, anyway!

7. char2505

char2505 New commenter

Oh my! I should never post in the morning - not sure what 'Kl thnoik' was meant to say - maybe something in gorilla speak?!