1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Gordon Ramsay - A Moan

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by egyptgirl, Dec 23, 2010.

1. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

I started to watch Gordon Ramsay's Christmas programme last night and turned off after his stuffing recipe.
    PRESENTATION! PRESENTATION! PRESENTATION! I don't think he could have hammered that point home more than if he'd come to my house, held me by the neck and said "egyptgirl, you will make your food look restaurant quality, yes? Even if it tastes s.h.i.t, yes?"
    And how the hell did he expect anyone to get hold of that (South African?) sausage a couple of days before Christmas? OK, so he did give an alternative but surely he must know that the programme will go out not long enough before Christmas for people to be able to source it!!!
    Right. Moan over.

2. I caught a snippet of Jamie on internet.
    He made a sauce which looked like something my kids used to deposit in their nappies.

3. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Mmmmm nom, nom, nom, CQ! [​IMG]
    It's nowt to with cooking you know, it's entertainment. [​IMG]
    p.s. I've had far more tasty meals from recipie suggestions from posters on here than from any fancy celeb cook books or TV shows.

4. egyptgirl

Was that the turkey pie one?
    What a genius way to use up leftovers(!)

5. egyptgirl

Exactly! I come on here because we are all real cooks! We share ideas - I think it's brilliant!

6. anon468

anon468 New commenter

I love this forum. Best forum on TES IMO.
    *big Christmas kiss for the Cookery forum*
    (p.s. I am a little tipsy)

7. egyptgirl

Quite right too! The only reason that I'm not is that we're going to visit our elderly neighbour tomorrow to see if she wants to come to us for Christmas (she normally goes to her daughters in Scotland but can't get there because of the snow) and I don't want to be hungover! I might tuck into the Kettle Chips and Mingles instead!

8. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Lucky neighbour (I've been looking at your Christmas menu [​IMG]).
    You are so lovely. x