1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Google classroom?

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by Caymem, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Caymem

Caymem New commenter

Have you ever used Google clasroom before, the school I am at wants to start using it but, what do you use it for in computer science and IT Lessons?

Any suggestions welcome.

2. robwilktes

robwilktes New commenter

Google Classroom is part of Google Apps.
    If the school has already set up a free Google Domain and all the pupils have User accounts you are ready to go.
    Google Classroom links to Google Apps which are stored inside Google Drive.
    It allows you to set assignments. When you set an assignment you can see every student working in real time on their documents and give feedback if required. Syllabuses and other materials can be shared in G Classroom with pupils. It can be installed on any device including their phones. It can be used in school and at home.

Google Apps and G Classroom are used across subjects in every lessons using Chromebooks or laptops. (works best with Chromebooks) It changes the way you teach and pupil's learn using digital tools which give the teacher faster feedback.

Here's a link to schools using it in the UK. It's huge in USA, Canada, Australia, Finland and Sweden. Scotland and Wales are going for it big time. England is a bit behind, although London GFL have just caught on.
    Here in York we have over 50 schools all using G Suite and Chromebooks.

https://wke.lt/w/s/McOa1Y

3. Caymem

Caymem New commenter

Thanks for this information, google classroom sounds like a really good thing to use in schools. I will look at the link you sent me aswell, thanks.