1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Google classroom

Discussion in 'Heads of department' started by Caymem, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Caymem

Caymem New commenter

Has anyone used Google classroom in there teaching if so how have you used it in teaching?

2. VictoryBell

VictoryBell New commenter

Yes, I have used this. My old school was a BYOD school. It was used to put worksheets onto for students to complete in their books, great for sharing resources/hw with students also, very little printing by school which was great. It is a little clunky and not all that great when compared with other similar platforms though.
    We moved to Showbie this last year, works on all devices and students can complete their work directly onto the worksheet you upload which you can then see. This had many advantages as their work was always organised as each lesson would be a new folder, no lost work, you can add the lesson presentation and extention work with very little extra effort, great for catch up work when students are off ill as well. You can mark it directly on it as well.
    For my money Showbie is everything that I had hoped GC would be but didn't have the capability to provide.
    Hope this helps.

3. Caymem

Caymem New commenter

ok so if show me is better then google classroom then I will use that from now on.

4. Mr_G_ICT

Mr_G_ICT New commenter

we use office 365/onenote to distribute student work. it's been a pet project of mine for about 3 years. introduced it into the school and staff are starting to put more documents online to edit.

5. Caymem

Caymem New commenter

Sounds Good I might use it from now on