1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Google Chrome

Discussion in 'Personal' started by missys, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Keeps telling me that TES is not working as they are doing essential maintenance. But I can get on on Firefox. Is it just my Chrome that is broken?

2. Keeps telling me that TES is not working as they are doing essential maintenance. But I can get on on Firefox. Is it just my Chrome that is broken?

3. I always had problems with Google Chrome and TES.
    So I chucked Chrome off my computer and went back to my faithful FF.

4. Just your chrome, I think ... I am on Safari but just tried chrome and it was fine

5. dumpty

dumpty Lead commenter

Microsoft hate Chrome as they know it will (and is) taking a lot of business away from them. Was a time you had little chance of getting Hotmail to work properly....but Microsoft are slowly giving in and realising most of us turn to FF and Chrome not because we love Google, but because IE is absolute sh-ite. Mind you, check your options on Chrome as by default (I think) they will record and track all your movements to 'help you with promotions you may like'.....meaning pass your info to ad sites. To be fair, they all do this and sooner or later you won't be able to disable it, I am sure.

6. I use Chrome because on my (very old) computer it is significantly faster than either IE or Firefox. I have never had problems before, other than losing my paragraphs on TES, but now it seems to have taken against TES big time! It is letting me access other sites I use on a regular basis!

7. That is exactly the problem I had. I loved the speed and other sites were no problem.
    Only TES.
    I gave up in the end and went back to FF. The newest version is quick enough (Opera is another browser I used to use and TES hated that as well).
    TES is really geared up to IE.
    I refuse to use IE at home.

8. I can't get on Chrome at all today. With TES, no emotions, and no paragraphs but it does do spell check!

9. So I am on Chrome now

Do paragraphs work like safari

Do emoticons work like safari [​IMG]

Apparently so

10. cally1980

cally1980 Established commenter

I'm in chrome and it is ok right now. I dislike the effort needed to paragraph and have no idea how to 'quote' but as it only affects this site I stick with it.

11. I hardly ever use Chrome (on it now)

But I assume that quote works the same as in the other browsers

Again, seems so

12. Well, it is still not letting me on!