1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Google apps

Discussion in 'Science' started by mrandmrsscience, Mar 6, 2016.

1. mrandmrsscience

mrandmrsscience New commenter

Hi all! My school has recently invested in google chrome books and I have been tasked with looking into and implementing the use of google apps in lessons. As I iPhone user I am guessing they are similar like Socrative and Kahoot, does anyone have any suggestions of great apps for science?

2. fiendishlyclever

fiendishlyclever Occasional commenter

Google apps are browser based productivity tools (think MS Office) - there is a Chrome app store but most of the apps are more like links to the full site. Stick with Socrative and Kahoot (and similar) :)

3. rich_hodgetts

rich_hodgetts New commenter

Google forms is a good way to get students to complete homework tasks online. It can be set up as a questionnaire or more like a worksheet. They are easily set up and the data then easily manipulated as it can be imported into Excel with ease.

4. Futureleader

Futureleader Occasional commenter

I started a similar thread on Science apps. Check it out to see what others said.

5. msuxg

msuxg New commenter