1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Google Ads - Costs

Discussion in 'Private tutors' started by stevencarrwork, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Does anybody know what the costs are for placing a Google Ads?

As far as I can see, you set a budget each day, and Google places an ad for you on pages matching your keywords when people search.

IIf they click on the link, you are then charged.

But how much?

I also assume that if your budget is used for that day, then your advert no longer appears.

Does anybody have any experience with Google Ads?

2. I load £100 every 6 months, it runs for about a week and it's gone. During that time I have about 8-15 responses, much more effective than any other form of advertising, for me anyway.

3. Thanks for the info. Very useful.

I might try that in summer. 5000 leaflets cost me 89 pound, so that is slightly cheaper and gets a few more responses, but they take a long time to deliver.

But I do get a lot of exercise doing the deliveries, which is good.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

You set a daily budget. The more popular the words, the more expensive the click.

5. I've set a limit of £5 per day and since August I've incurred about £75 in advertising costs. £50 of that was covered by a voucher code. I'm considering pausing my advert for a while as I've done some SEO on my website and I seem to be hitting page 1 for a few sensible search terms.