1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Goodbye, my little cat....

Discussion in 'Personal' started by sabrinakat, May 24, 2019.

1. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

Sadly, my very, very, very old little cat (see avatar) passed away on Wednesday; she was over 18 and had had a fabulous life. She was the daughter of the original Sabrina and I had had her since the day she was born, but cancer and kidney failure meant that she crossed the rainbow bridge on Wednesday.

My colleagues have been kind, but it was both good and bad to go to work. Keeping busy was good but the raw grief overwhelmed me on Wednesday and yesterday. Today, I am numb with some tears but am more in control. The vet came to our home and she passed away with me holding her next to me. We will get her cremated and then put her ashes in a personalised wooden box. She was an indoor cat, you see, so being buried outside would not be what she wanted.

As I will be along at the tes meet next week, perhaps I will be fine or perhaps sad. It was a good death for her, but horrible for me. It was perhaps providential that Judith Kerr passed away as well - I read through her 'Goodbye Mog', and it made me smile a little.

Daphne - bona feles et magna amica, requiescat in pace.

[​IMG]

2. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Commiserations.

3. lardylady

lardylady Star commenter

My heart goes out to you. What a sweet little face she had. .

4. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Always such a sad time.................

5. BertieBassett2

BertieBassett2 Star commenter

Aw, so sorry to read that - see you Wednesday and we can swop kitty stories if you want? Hugs, paws and purrs from my two boys.

6. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

She was so pretty.

I am so sorry that she has died but glad the vet came to you so that she was in familiar surroundings and with you at the end.

7. pepper5

pepper5 Star commenter

Sending you purrs, paws and hugs at this sad time.

pepper5

8. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

Beautiful kitty. I'm sorry.

9. border_walker

border_walker Lead commenter

When it was time, we got the vet to come to us to stop the suffering of our last dog. She is now becoming a Ceanothus, she is just starting to flower, continuing to give me pleasure, just in a very different way.

10. primarycat

primarycat Star commenter

11. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Goodbye little one.

12. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

So sorry to hear @sabrinakat ...she was a lucky lucky little cat to have such a great lifelong home, illustrated by the great age she achieved !! Our pets bring us such pleasure but...oh such sadness at times.

13. Sally006

Sally006 Occasional commenter

I am so sorry. The overwhelming grief is totally Understandable. You had a long and loving relationship. Bless her, she is at rest and in peace now. Take care.

14. Laphroig

Laphroig Lead commenter

So sorry to read this, Sabrina. Commiserations.

15. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Sorry to hear this Sab... always a tough time. Thoughts with you.

16. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

For all of us and our pets there comes a time when life in this world has to cease.It makes it no easier to lose all we love. but at least there is no suffering in the place they go to.
    I feel the pain for your love for your cat...but hopefully you can consider Sabrina number 3.
    Take care x

17. PersianCatLady

PersianCatLady Occasional commenter

I honestly think that you did amazingly to go back to work at all.

My cat is with me from the minute I get home to the minute I leave my house in the morning and every day it worries me that she is getting older.

Stay strong

18. friedgreentomatoes

friedgreentomatoes Lead commenter

Very sorry to hear this - thinking of you.

19. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

A privilege to have had her and how lucky was she to have you as an owner . She knew she was loved and you gave her a great life ..... a really miserable time I know .... so, so, sorry . Chin up ....

20. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Our moggy conked out some time ago after twenty years and we still miss her. I'm sorry to hear about yours. You can't ask much more of them than a full and happy life, but it's still sad when they go.