1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Goodbye Middlemarch

Discussion in 'Personal' started by mountainlion, Aug 24, 2011.

1. and sea pink,Lilyofthefield, JennyMus Catmother,Albertdog, Yes Mrs Bronson, eggnchips, Serendipity, mean average Joe, dominant tonic,poemeelectonique,cathinaaa pink flip flop, coffeekid, doomzebra, manashe, cosmos, all those people who's names are just letters and numbers that I can never remember,...
    And every one else who has kept me company and entertained me in the last 4 months being stuck mostly in one room since being run over.
    I am going Back To Work!..! ( with sticks and special considerations)
    I won't be logging on here every day , and whenever I wake up at night any more, although I dare say I'll pop back in to say Hi occasionally.
    For the moment though, I'll be very tied up with physio and swimming,( GP arranged free entry to pool) and I have I haven't done any house work, or taken my children out for ONE THIRD OF A YEAR, and am now being issued with a timetable, and will have to SIT AT MY DESK AND PLAN! ( if I can remember where it is, and how to)
    In other words, normal life is being resumed, with extra backlogs.
    And you lot have all helped stop me feeling like I was slowly fading out of existance, so thank you all.
    ((((((TES posters, the sane ones and the not so!)))))

2. Glad to hear you're recovering! This is a great place to waste your life when you're stuck in the house (thanks to my son and his missis-to-be for having the wedding presents directed here) but you can always have too much of a good thing!
    Do keep in touch and good luck with the return to normality!

3. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Aww, mountainlion - what a lovely post! Hope your recovery continues apace and you're back to full fitness very soon.
    But don't be a stranger. Pop back and let us know how you're doing. [​IMG]
    manny
    x

4. catmother

catmother Star commenter

I thought something had happened to Middlemarch!

5. It was good to have you here mountainlion. Take care of yourself - be careful not to overdo things!
    Best wishes for a full recovery.

6. Look forward to seeing you soon!!!!!!! I too will be returning tomorrow so will be a little more elusive (I can hear some sighs of relief). Good luck with the physio, keep us posted xxxxxxx

7. Ah what a lovely thread....I feel loved [​IMG]
    Hope the return to work goes well and good luck with the recovery process.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

You do know that this is the cyber equivalent of Hotel California, don't you?
    You can checkout any time you like,

But you can never leave!

The reason my post count is so high is the almost-one-year spent at home following hip surgery (done twice when first time failed) - like you I found tes helped to fill the time. I'm still here five years later...
    Anyway - good luck, I hope all goes well on your return to work...don't overdo it!

9. Crowbob

Crowbob Established commenter

Lovely thread. Best of luck with everyone, lion!
    He will be pleased [​IMG]

10. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

whats my excuse then!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

You felt obliged to keep answering me? [​IMG]

12. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

Yes miss.....

13. Good luck, Mountain Lion. I like your avatar.

14. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

You can imagine my reaction.

15. Well Middlemarch, didn't you know that nothing had happened to Middlemarch?

16. It could have been a death threat!

Hope you have got over the shock MM

17. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

did you wave?

18. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

That's exactly the point! You never know what people are thinking, especially when you're *cough* a tad outspoken.