1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Goodbye Lenin - AQA A2 German Cultural Topic

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by cives1, Sep 10, 2015.

1. cives1

cives1 New commenter

I have just started at a new school and have decided to do my cultural topic on Goodbye Lenin by Wolfgang Becker. I just wondered if anyone else on here has used this film for their cultural topic? It seems like a fairly accessible film to me, with some interest points to examine further.

However, my one concern is that it's difficult to cover all of the bullet points for the director topic as listed in the specification. Wolfgang Becker does not have a very significant career. Does this matter? If anyone has a scheme of work for this I would be really grateful to see it.

Many thanks.

2. venkmani1991

venkmani1991 New commenter

I have started at a new school and taken on a Y13 class. Before I joined, the previous teachers taught Goodbye, Lenin to them in the summer post-exams. You're fine just teaching Goodbye, Lenin to your class. I shall upload the resources I have tomorrow.

To give your class a bit more option for their essay, you could teach them about Berlin 1945-1990 or even Berlin as a region?

3. cives1

cives1 New commenter

That would be really useful about the resources, thank you! It seems to be going well with them so far, but anything to help would be really good!