1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Good to be me class assembly

Discussion in 'Primary' started by trixielou, Mar 3, 2009.

1. My Year 5 class have to an assembly in church bases on the theme Good to be me. We have very little room to do this and I am a little lost for ideas as another class did their assembly today on the same theme and use the suggested story
    Any ideas anyone!!!
    Thanks in advance.

2. Talent show. Children present their 'talent'. Something they can do that no one else can perhaps.

3. I've got a script I wrote for an assembly. I can send it to you if you like. Its about a group of people on a 'mission' and they all have different talents that come in useful.

4. Trixie you've hopefully got mail. Sorry for delay i had to swap computers. If it doesn't arrive let me know.

5. Thankyou for the script its excellent but won't really work for my assembly as we have to do it in a small space where they can just stand up and speak. I have to invlove all of my class too. Need them to all get up and say something but not sure what to get them to talk about.

6. anyone? :-(

7. How about keeping it simple and each child saying "I feel good about myself because ....." and give examples like I can touch my toes, I can multiply by ?, I can keep my bedroom tidy. Maybe hold up a pic, do an action etc. In this unit I usually look at the things children aren't so happy with, like lose my temper sometimes, don't try my best. Maybe in the assembly they could mention similar things and say I feel good about myself because I'm trying to change these things. I once used the song from the mullerlight ad (I got my hair, got my feet etc) in an assembly, the children loved dancing to it and it was a real feelgood feeling in the hall. Can't think of any others songs just now but a song would liven up the assembly.

8. Hi katiekatie is there any chance that I also could be a pain and ask for the same script by e mail. My assembly is this Thursday and the theme has been wiped clean by other staff. I would be so grateful . Thanks again
    Wards.27@virgin.net

9. your assembly sounds brilliant, may I also have a copy of it!

Many thanks

K

10. Hi KatieKatie,
    It would be a big help for me to read you script to give me some ideas for my assembly! I would be really grateful if you could send me a copy!
    Big thanks in advance
    anitapartridge@blueyonder.co.uk

11. anita you have mail and katrina you will have mail if you post your email address! :)

12. forestje

forestje New commenter

I would be grateful if you would send me a copy.
    Thank you
    year3forestschool@yahoo.co.uk

13. miss may

miss may New commenter

14. Hi Sue, you have mail in your tes inbox. Previous poster you have mail too (sorry can't see your name as I type)
    I have just uploaded the playscript/assembly onto resources (I think) but I can't find it through a search or a browse. Maybe it takes a while to be accessible. Its under PSHE assembly and is called good to be me drama.

15. Hi Katiekatie

Do yuo still have a copy of this assembly script? I have an assembly to do next week and I think it would be perfect.

lisa_smig@hotmail.com

Thank you

16. Hi Just sent you an email about the assemblies I have written. I have quite a collection now (I've covered the whole of Key Stage II History units of work, plus some of the other subjects) and am focusing now on non-curricular plays - which are great fun. Having taught for 12 years and put on a number of these assemblies, I am aware of some of the pitfalls - so my scripts are intended to be easy to use and fun to do (for teachers and pupils alike!). Among other kind comments I've had, were 'saved me hours of work' and 'obviously written by a teacher for a teacher'. I would love to help as many teachers as I can. Email me on sue@plays-r-ussell.com to see if I can help you. Best wishes, Sue Russell

17. Hello,
    Do you still have a copy of this assembly script? I would be really interested to have a look at it, if you don't mind, to help me with my first class assembly.
    Thank you so much.
    jennag2000@hotmail.com