1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

good textbook for new AQA GCSE French

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by suzepotter, Mar 10, 2017.

1. suzepotter

suzepotter New commenter

wonder if anyone could recommend a good textbook for the above? We are using Expo 4 and it is a bit outdated. Maybe there is something fantastique out there and I just don't know about it???

2. ladyofrohan

ladyofrohan New commenter

Although I'm using the EDUQAS textbook with a small group of home ed kids, I also have a copy of the Studio AQA book which I think is really good. I didn't really like the KS 3 Studio books when I was in teaching but this one seems much better. They also do a Grammar and Translation Workbook, which is fantastic for reinforcement and a small vocab book. I would have gone with this one completely but as a private tutor/Home ed parent, I couldn't afford the listenings!

suzepotter likes this.
  3. suzepotter

suzepotter New commenter

th

4. suzepotter

suzepotter New commenter

will definitely have a look at this. maybe get an inspection copy

5. karaka

karaka New commenter

I use the studio AQA books. I have the activeteach which is brilliant. Not sure how I will afford the subscription to that next year but so far very happy with it. Lots of listening. The grammar/translation book is very useful.

6. toadman

toadman New commenter

I find the OUP AQA ones absolutely first class for practice at both tiers

aferraby likes this.
  7. ashleysummer

ashleysummer New commenter

I'm also using the Studio AQA book and absolute like it! By the way, I've recently discovered a great website offering textbooks at affordable rates - booksrun.com . You can also sell your textbooks, if they are in a good condition of course!

8. aferraby

aferraby New commenter

Agreed: OUP AQA Books + online Kerboodle

9. jt15

jt15 New commenter

We've got the Studio books, with the online content as well. We're very pleased so far.