1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

good teaching agencies

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by Hoping2012, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Hoping2012

Hoping2012 New commenter

Can anyone recommend any good teaching agencies that find work within the London area?

2. I dont even know if such a thing exists!!

I was recommended Timeplan, but 6 weeks later I am still waiting for them to chase up my references so that I can start working for them! They say they have sent requests but my referees have both said that they haven't.Every week I ask them to re-send the requests, they say they will & then when I speak to my referees, they still haven't done it!
    This time last year I was registered with eteach, but it took them from August to December to process my crb form. and then I got a long term supply position starting in Jan.

3. Hoping2012

Hoping2012 New commenter

It's annoying when agencies don't chase things up, i joined timplan once and never got work from them, in fact they did not seem that bothered to find work for you.
    Is eteach an agency???

4. In the last couple of years, I have joined the following list of London agencies:

School Staffing, Engage, Tap, Servoca*, Reeson, Impact, Protocol, Headline, Vision,
    Hays, Education Staffing, Academics, Dream, A Star, Supreme education, Supreme recruitment, County Teachers,
    Red, Hourglass, Vision, Reed, Tradewind, Acclaim, Michael Page, Teaching Personnel, Smart, Synabor, Axcis,
    Prospero, Horizon, Education 365, ASQ, Teachin-in, JJ Fox, 4my schools, NP*, Sagitta, PPA, Ed Plus, Remedy, Top Mark, IQ, Treble One, Worldclass, Kelly, Itper, Career teachers, Capita.

Of all these, only NP and Servoca have found me any work. Timeplan, too, just did not seem tobe bothered.

5. I have found Step teachers very good.
    Bob

6. Hoping2012

Hoping2012 New commenter

Wow thanks so much for the names, i am hoping to join a couple. Once i hand my resignation in. Thise that have been doing supply work, have you been getting enough? or is it quiet at the moment?

7. I had eight days in the last, academic year, and that is for maths and science.

8. Day to day supply this half term has been pretty dismal, to be honest. I'm lucky enough to have worked 17 days since September, but if you're looking to pay bills and live comfortably, it's not ideal. I'm lucky that I have decent savings.

That being said, the first half term is always the slowest for daily supply, so hopefully it will pick up in November.

9. Hoping2012

Hoping2012 New commenter

i agree when i used to supply Sept was always quiet, and things picked up a lot after xmas. i am considering supplying to gain further experince in different areas, as well as being able to pursue different avenues within education.

10. @Hoping- I'm just curious, what avenues do you think you'll be able to pursue in education by becoming a supply teacher?

11. Ha! Ha! Ha! Keep on considering.