1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Good supply agencies in Hull

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by hplovegame48, Sep 5, 2018.

1. hplovegame48

hplovegame48 Occasional commenter

Thank you in advance for any advice.

To cut a long story short, I took a job overseas and returned after it became a nightmare.

I am looking for recommendations for supply agencies in Hull for either TA work or teaching work. If you know of any that do PAYE rather than umbrella companies, I'd be grateful.

pepper5 likes this.
  2. pepper5

pepper5 Star commenter

Hi

Welcome back to the UK and to the forum.

Sorry you have had a rough time.

I do not live in Hull but wanted to suggest that you make a list of the schools near to you or you know you want to go to. Take the list and phone the schools to speak to the cover manager. Ask him/her if they employ supply teachers directly. If not, then ask which agencies they use and which ones they consider to be the best ones.

You will soon find out which ones to register with.

All the best for September.

agathamorse and JohnJCazorla like this.
  3. hplovegame48

hplovegame48 Occasional commenter

Thanks.

pepper5 likes this.
  4. bananna81

bananna81 New commenter

I used Ra****ad and they were pretty good, but that was a few years ago so I’d follow @pepper5’s advice and contact schools directly. The East Riding schools may use different agencies to the ones in Hull.

Good luck in finding a good agency, and if you haven’t already, please read the pinned advice.

agathamorse and pepper5 like this.