1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Good resources for holidays - Reading Comprehension

Discussion in 'Primary' started by mjensenaza, Jun 27, 2017.

1. mjensenaza

mjensenaza New commenter

What is a good website I can recommend to parents and children in KS2 for the holidays where they can find good reading comprehension question exercises. I have been working in a small rural school where they had no consistent teacher for the academic year. There are 20 children age 9-11 and they have many gaps in their learning. I am trying to compile some useful resources for parents over the holidays. Any help greatly appreciated.
    Thank you.

2. Milgod

Milgod Established commenter

Useful resource - chill out and have fun. It's called a holiday for a reason.

I understand they may have gaps, but they also need that time off (I know I do).

lardylady likes this.
  3. abacus1982

abacus1982 Occasional commenter

Our local library does a summer reading challenge which is good does yours do anything like that? Other than that maybe send home a list of recommended books and authors to read for pleasure over the summer holidays. Personally, I wouldn't be sending home comprehension stuff.

4. galerider123

galerider123 Lead commenter

In a rural areas summertime is usually the busiest time for parents, isn't it?